08/19/11 The Importance Of ED Drugs For Men's Health
Today there are lots of discussions concerning the issue of erectile dysfunction drugs and their role for men's health. This is the issue of the utmost importance, as in today's crazy rhythm of life ED drugs play one of the major roles for a cou
read more ...
06/14/11 Contraception In Our Life Or Effective Birth Control
Contraception is considered to be one of the most essential discoveries of the late twentieth century. And it is difficult to dispute this contention. Since contraception had been discovered, it unfixed all established notions.
read more ...
03/21/11 Lexapro Online - Treatment Of Hot Flashes
Today antidepressants play an important role for those people suffering from various mental disorders. Such widely known preparations as Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa help to improve a patient's mood, sleep, concentration, and appetite.
read more ...
10/29/10 Antibiotics and Pregnancy
Usually it's better to avoid any antibiotics treatment while woman is bearing a child.
read more ...
Antiplatelet agents is a group of medicines which works by decreasing platelets aggregation and preventing the formation of blood clots. When blood vessels are damaged platelets arrive on the affected area and form blood clots. This helps to stop bleedings. However, in the case of blood vessels injury (inner surface) platelets can aggregate and form blood clots inside the blood vessels. Besides platelets blood clots consist of cholesterol and calcium salts. Blood clots can detach from the blood vessels wall and then plug up the smaller vessels. This usually leads to heart attacks and strokes.
Antiplatelet drugs help to reduce the formation of platelets and usually are prescribed for patients with peripheral artery disease, strokes, stenocardia (chest pain), heart attacks, coronary artery disease. Antiplatelet agents can also be prescribed in conditions after stent placement, angioplasty and bypass surgery as well as prevention of blood clots in patients with arterial fibrillation.
Antiplatelets drugs include the following group of drugs:
- COX (cyclooxygenase) inhibitors: acid acetyl salicylic)
- ADP receptor inhibitors: (clopidogrel and ticlopidine)
- PDE (phosphodiesterase) inhibitors: cilostazol
- Glycoprotein IIB/IIIA inhibitors : Defibrotide, Terofiban, Eptifibatide, Abciximab
- Adenosine reuptake inhibitors: (dipyridamole)
COX inhibitors works by inhibiting the enzyme called cyclooxygenase and thromboxane A2 which are responsible for the formation of platelets
ADP receptor inhibitors act on ADP receptors. They selectively inhibit the activation of GPIIb/IIIa under the action of ADP. This leads to inhibiting ADP induced platelets aggregation.
ADP inhibitors work by inhibiting the enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 3. By inhibiting this enzyme the drugs increase the amount of cAMP and causes the increase of Protein Kinase A. This closely relates to platelets aggregation.
Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonists. Action mechanism of this group of medicines is associated with blocking the platelets receptors in fibrinogen which is structural protein in the platelets.
Adenosine reuptake inhibitors works by increasing the blood levels of ADP. The increased amount of ADP prevents platelets for clumping together.
Our Customers Say:
I received the order and am very happy with your service and the cost savings I received. Thank you very much! I am your satisfied customer from now. Greta, Germany, 03/16/10
Just wanted to let you know I received my order today. It has arrived just as you said it would.... Malory, UK, 01/26/10
I received my order in full. Just want to thank you for a good job! Robert, USA, 01/20/10
thanks a lot for your help to track the package, your correspondence and concern. I'm satisfied with your product and continuously spread the word about Drugsfinder. Bill, USA, 11/25/09
just received my parcel, pretty much on time as you said, and the product is great. I will definitely order from your company again....
Sincerely Stuart, USA, 11/03/09
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction is a common sexual problem in men manifested in inability to achieve and maintain erection satisfactory for sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction can be associated with the different factors like psychological and endocrine disorders. Cardiovascular diseases may also provoke problems with erection. Treatment options for erectile dysfunction include lifestyle changes, counseling, drugs and herbal supplements, vacuum devices. In certain cases surgery can be recommended. Currently oral ED medications such as Sildenafil and Vardenafil are the most prescribed in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Antidepressants are medications which are primarily used to treat depressive conditions. The most indicated groups of antidepressant drugs are: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), selective norepinephrin inhibitors ( SNRIs) and monamine oxidase inhibitors. Since there are so many different kind of anti-depression drugs with their unique properties, advantages and disadvantages, it is important to consult your doctor to find the most appropriate and convenient approach in your particular case. Generally most of antidepressants work by increasing quantities of certain neurotransmitters in the brain and thus helping relieve depression symptoms.
- Antibiotics are compounds that selectively kill or suppress the growth or replication of microorganisms. Antibiotics belong to a large family of antimicrobial agents used to treat a wide variety of infections caused by bacteria, protozoa and fungi. Due to scientific achievements in medicinal chemistry the most of available antibiotics are semi-synthetic. Being chemically modified, semisynthetic antibiotics possess a wide bactericidal activity and good safety profile. The most widespread antibiotic groups are: beta-lactams (penicillins and cephalosporins), tetracyclines, quinolones, and the oxazolidinones.