08/19/11 The Importance Of ED Drugs For Men's Health
Today there are lots of discussions concerning the issue of erectile dysfunction drugs and their role for men's health. This is the issue of the utmost importance, as in today's crazy rhythm of life ED drugs play one of the major roles for a cou
read more ...
06/14/11 Contraception In Our Life Or Effective Birth Control
Contraception is considered to be one of the most essential discoveries of the late twentieth century. And it is difficult to dispute this contention. Since contraception had been discovered, it unfixed all established notions.
read more ...
03/21/11 Lexapro Online - Treatment Of Hot Flashes
Today antidepressants play an important role for those people suffering from various mental disorders. Such widely known preparations as Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa help to improve a patient's mood, sleep, concentration, and appetite.
read more ...
10/29/10 Antibiotics and Pregnancy
Usually it's better to avoid any antibiotics treatment while woman is bearing a child.
read more ...
Cholesterol is a soft, waxy compound found in all of cells of the human organism including brain, adrenal gland and nerve cells. Being essential for our organism Cholesterol plays an important role in production of vitamin D, carbohydrates metabolism, synthesis of steroid hormones by the adrenal glands. Cholesterol is a structural component of the membranes and is responsible for the production of reproductive hormones, it also contributes to synthesis of bile acids which are necessary for emulsification and absorption of fats in the small intestine. In the organism cholesterol is produced by the liver cells, another part of cholesterol comes from foods. Cholesterol is found only in animal products such as milk, cheese, eggs, fish, meat and chicken. Plant food does not contain cholesterol.
In the blood stream it is transported in a complex with lipoproteins. There are two different types of lipoproteins:
Low density lipoproteins (LDL)
High density lipoproteins (HDL)
- Low density lipoproteins are usually called bad cholesterol. Usually LDL transport cholesterol from the liver to the cells. Increased amount of LDL may lead to deposition of cholesterol on the surface of the blood vessels causing a build up of plaques.
- High density lipoprotins are called good cholesterol because they help to pick up an extra cholesterol from the blood and bring it to the liver where it is metabolism or eliminated.
Increased amount of LDL may lead to the development of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a main cause of cardiovascular complications such as heart attacks and strokes. The treatment of high cholesterol includes several approaches. The first line of high cholesterol treatment are life style changes such as cholesterol free diet and moderate physical exercises (weight control). If these treatment option are inefficient a health care provider may prescribe hypolipidemic medications:
- Statins (Lipitor, Crestor, Mevacor, Zocor, Pravachol)
- Fibrates (Tricor , Gemfibrozil)
- Nicotinic acid containing drugs and supplements
- Bile acid sequestrants (colestipol, cholestyramine, colesevelam)
Cholesterol absorption inhibitors (Zetia)
Our Customers Say:
I received the order and am very happy with your service and the cost savings I received. Thank you very much! I am your satisfied customer from now. Greta, Germany, 03/16/10
Just wanted to let you know I received my order today. It has arrived just as you said it would.... Malory, UK, 01/26/10
I received my order in full. Just want to thank you for a good job! Robert, USA, 01/20/10
thanks a lot for your help to track the package, your correspondence and concern. I'm satisfied with your product and continuously spread the word about Drugsfinder. Bill, USA, 11/25/09
just received my parcel, pretty much on time as you said, and the product is great. I will definitely order from your company again....
Sincerely Stuart, USA, 11/03/09
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction is a common sexual problem in men manifested in inability to achieve and maintain erection satisfactory for sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction can be associated with the different factors like psychological and endocrine disorders. Cardiovascular diseases may also provoke problems with erection. Treatment options for erectile dysfunction include lifestyle changes, counseling, drugs and herbal supplements, vacuum devices. In certain cases surgery can be recommended. Currently oral ED medications such as Sildenafil and Vardenafil are the most prescribed in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Antidepressants are medications which are primarily used to treat depressive conditions. The most indicated groups of antidepressant drugs are: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), selective norepinephrin inhibitors ( SNRIs) and monamine oxidase inhibitors. Since there are so many different kind of anti-depression drugs with their unique properties, advantages and disadvantages, it is important to consult your doctor to find the most appropriate and convenient approach in your particular case. Generally most of antidepressants work by increasing quantities of certain neurotransmitters in the brain and thus helping relieve depression symptoms.
- Antibiotics are compounds that selectively kill or suppress the growth or replication of microorganisms. Antibiotics belong to a large family of antimicrobial agents used to treat a wide variety of infections caused by bacteria, protozoa and fungi. Due to scientific achievements in medicinal chemistry the most of available antibiotics are semi-synthetic. Being chemically modified, semisynthetic antibiotics possess a wide bactericidal activity and good safety profile. The most widespread antibiotic groups are: beta-lactams (penicillins and cephalosporins), tetracyclines, quinolones, and the oxazolidinones.